Minister for Commerce, Industry and Employment
Constituency: Ranogga/Simbo, Western Province
Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Employment
P.O. Box G26
Phone: +677 28614/22856/25045
Fax: +677 25084.
- Elected to the National Parliament of Solomon Islands for Ranogga/Simbo Constituency in 1976. Re-elected in 1980, 26 May 1993, 6 August 1997, 5 December 2001 and 5 April 2006.
- Chair, Parliamentary House Committee from 10 May 2006 to 22 December 2007.
- Chair, Public Accounts Committee from 15 November 2004 to 5 December 2005.
- Minister for Commerce, Industry and Employment from 22 December 2007 to present
- Leader of the Opposition from 14 July 2004 to 4 April 2006.
- Leader of the Opposition from 1994 to 1995.
- Prime Minister from June 1993 to November 1994.
- Minister for Home Affairs.
- Minister for Health and Medical Services and Deputy Prime Minister.
- Bachelor of Arts (Administration), University of the South Pacific
- King George Sixth Secondary School.
Occupation before entering Parliament
- Member, Western Provincial Assembly
- Administrative Officer Solomon Islands Government
- Company Manager
- Self-Employed Businessman
Conferences, Delegations, Visits
- Attend various Regional and International Seminars and Conferences
- Date of birth: 20 July 1948
- Village/ Home Island: Emu Harbour, Rannoga