WEDNESDAY 18TH JANUARY 2017
Permanent Secretary to the Ministry of Environment, Climate Change, Disaster Management & Meteorology and his staff and the Legal Drafts woman, AG Chamber before the BLC on Wednesday 18th January 2017 on the Wildlife Protection and Management (Amendment) Bill 2016.
The 5th meeting of this 10th Parliament will resume on Monday 6th Feb 2017 after it was adjourned on Friday 16th December 2016; however, the Bills and Legislation Committee (BLC) will commence its hearings into two Bills that have come before Parliament as of today, Wednesday 18th January 2017.
The two Bills are:
- Wildlife Protection and Management (Amendment) Bill 2016; and the
- Ombudsman Bill 2016.
The Bills reports are expected to be tabled in Parliament at its resumption on Feb 6th, 2017.
Meanwhile a total of eight Bills were already considered by the BLC.
- Town and Country Planning (Amendment) Bill 2016,
- the Land Surveyors Bill 2016,
- the Adoption (Amendment) Bill 2016,
- Pacific Games 2023 Bill 2016,
- Child and Family Welfare Bill 2016 and
- The Solomon Islands Tertiary Education and Skills Authority Bill 2016.
- Anti-Corruption Bill 2016
- Whistle Blowers Bill 2016
Parliament expects to debate the Bills in this meeting.